Monday, September 28, 2009

Mahmoud Awad - Sheik to the Future

I downloaded this album off /mu/ a while ago, intrigued by the cover and the replies the thread was getting. I'm only listening to it now, but jesus, it's insane. The last.fm bio (written by a 17 year old Swiss citizen) claims that Mahmoud is "from the future," and that "there are no current records of his life, where he lives, or anything about him." It also claims that his album Sheikh to the Future is the first album to ever be sent back in time. It's clearly a joke by a /mu/tant with some spare time on his hands, but I'll be damned if it isn't funny and I'll even say it; catchy. Even listening to the music, it's believable that this could be a real Arabic musician, based on the lyrics (which I can't decipher/understand) and on the lovely Arabic beats interspersed. You have to download this, I'll give you two reasons. Firstly, the tracklist contains such gems as "المزيد من النساء ، وأكثر المشاكل (More Women, More Problems!!)" and "لا يمكنك أن تأخذ أموالي (You Can't Take My Money)". And secondly, the album art...Mahmoud Awad - Sheik to the Future

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE THANKS!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY GODDAMNED LIFE

YOU ARE GREAT.

Anonymous said...

The future seem bright and fast paced and just plain insane.
I thank the Messahia from the future Mahmoud Awad for his words of wisdom and awesome beats and this incredible album.

Anonymous said...

Lotta samefags in this thread...

Anon said...

Can you repost a download? I NEED THIS.
I've been scouring the internet for hours.

Bongydread said...

Reupload please!! :D

Hammer said...

http://depositfiles.com/files/m24lsc2d7
^This is the album (self-released, 2009).

http://mediafire.com/?hxms6aa5h4nb397
^And, this here is his latest album (Title: The End of Time, self-released, 2011).

Enjoy both, babes.

Howl!

H.H.