Monday, November 9, 2009

Giampiero Riggio - Seperations

I have no recollection of how I found the wonderful and now mysteriously vanished Centre of Wood record label, operating out of Italy, but I did find it. I found it around this time last year, and ordered some CDs and an obscure tape apparently from Norwegian forests performed by unknown musicians (but that's a story for another day). I want to talk about Giampiero Riggio right now, and his wonderful album Seperations, of which only 80 copies were made. They rightfully sold out, so I have uploaded it for your listening pleasure. This album, despite being by an Italian, boasts beautiful and harrowing English lyrics, which I certainly relate to. Whether or not you will I'm not sure, but the poetry within them should be easily apparent to anyone. This is a perfect album for November; a perfect wintry escape into reverberating feedback and nylon strings. I would recommend listening to this in your kitchen on a snowy morning, while asking your mother "Do you care I have finished my meals?".


Giampiero Riggio - Seperations
2008
Centre of Wood
[folk, electronica, ambient]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Wow, this is really wonderful. Thank you. You've got a great blog.